Judge orders Kevin Spacey to attend arraignment for sexual assault case

Adjust Comment Print

Spacey faces one count of indecent assault and battery after a then 18-year-old claimed he got him drunk at the Club Car Restaurant, in Nantucket, before assaulting him.

You can count on this spectacle to continue into the new year: Spacey is scheduled to appear in Nantucket District Court for arraignment on January 7, where, TMZ reports, he will plead not guilty.

But, according to news reports, Spacey was photographed in public twice this weekend, once with his face partially obscured as he got into a vehicle.

Whether or not Spacey will actually appear remains to be seen, as the state of MA requires defendants to appear for court arraignments unless waived by a judge.

The actor has been nearly entirely out of the public eye as he has faced allegations of sexual misconduct, including a criminal charge for allegedly sexually assaulting an 18-year-old man at a Nantucket bar in 2016.

Kyle Kuzma takes blame for Lakers’ loss to Kings
He has appeared in all 34 games this season and did not miss a game last season with the Cleveland Cavaliers. James was injured in the third quarter of the team's Christmas Day win over the Golden State Warriors.

Federer leads Switzerland to past Britain at Hopman Cup
Federer said he had plenty of experience playing against women, going back to his days as a teenage tour hopeful in Switzerland. Roger Federer made a winning start in Switzerland's Hopman Cup campaign in Perth yesterday.

Two Vietnamese tourists, guide killed by Egypt roadside bomb
The official statistics agency says tourists arrivals in Egypt in 2017 reached 8.2 million, up from 5.3 million the year before. The PM said that the number of injured still under treatment stands at 10 with two in critical condition.

His lawyer added that his presence would heighten the "prejudicial media interest" in the case and contaminate the jury pool.

Emails seeking comment on the judge's ruling were sent to Spacey's attorneys and the district attorney's office handling the case. Spacey's attorneys have also questioned the evidence against him.

Ms Unruh has told reporters her son didn't report the assault at the time because he was embarrassed and scared.

Earlier this month, Spacey appeared to break his silence on the allegations, releasing a freakish YouTube video in the guise of his former House Of Cards alter-ego Frank Underwood - who was killed off amid the real-life claims. Her family made a decision to come forward after others went public with allegations of sexual misconduct against Spacey and other celebrities, she said.

Comments